What’s Happening August 2nd, 2013
I’ve come from the future to tell you about the present. I mean, here’s what’s happened the last few days.
- The old character controller was a push over. It constantly left the intern getting stuck to even the smoothest and gentlest of surfaces. The new one that Pete and Mason are getting working is great, but it’s left us adjusting a lot of other ancillary things.
- I’m putting a lot of polish on the combat demo mission to make it more exciting. But those are best seen in action, so I won’t spoil.
- Overall the combat demo is playing much much smoother, and an update to the current demo should come out in the early part of next week.
- Gewargis has been working on a new menu screen that will allow you access to many different test scenes in the future.
- Mason had a great idea for an enemy called Big Arm that I need to draw some art for.
- We’ve been talking a lot about exploration mode, which we’re going to be rolling right into as soon as the Issue 5 Demo is released. It’s going to complement the directed missions so perfectly. I look forward to talking more about this soon.
- Pete and Gewargis are going to be adding some razzle and dazzle to the HUD this upcoming week. Hopefully the next test build will have a bunch of that.
Oh! And if you’d like a metroidvania game with a russian cybernetic dog don’t forget to check out Laika Believes. It’s a kickstarter project by Minicore Studios about Laika, the first dog in space! Looks super-duper and the whole team are a bunch of great people. I recommend checking it out.